INVESTING CRL IN EAST VICTORIA PARK INFRASTRUCTURE
To support and enable the ideas and visions of our neighbours and stakeholders – Calgary Stampede, the City of Calgary, and the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation among them – CMLC’s 2017–2019 Business Plan centres on our commitment to investment in a number of strategic infrastructure improvements in the East Victoria Park community.
The improvements we intend to tackle include (among others):
- Extension of 17th Avenue SE into Stampede Park, providing a pedestrian and vehicular link to increase connectivity and create an attractive right of way for new retail and commercial development
- Extension of RiverWalk, our much-celebrated riverside promenade
- Planning, design and a development strategy for the ‘Stampede Trail’ retail and public realm program along 4th Street SE
- Associated streetscape interfaces for the new Green Line LRT line
- Extensions of Cycle Tracks program