Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
As development continues in East Village, temporary traffic detours or road closures will be in place to ensure residents and visitors can move safely through the community.
Latest Traffic Alerts
Zoo Road Closure
- March 7, 2016 – September 2016: As part of city flood mitigation projects the Baines Bridge will be closed. There will be no vehicular/pedestrian/cyclist connection between Memorial Drive and the east end of St. Patrick’s Island. Vehicular access from the south side of the river and Inglewood will remain open. Pedestrian access to St. Patrick's Island will be maintained via George C. King Bridge only.
- September 2016 - Fall 2017: Regular pathway connection from Memorial Drive across Baines Bridge to the island will be restored.
8th Avenue Cul-De-Sac Closure
- 8th Ave Cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as construction continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time.
4th Street SE Lane Reduction
- One south-bound lane on 4th Street SE between 8th Ave SE and 7th Ave SE to allow for continued construction on the Hilton Hotel and N3 Condominiums.
- From September 26-28, these lanes will be further reduced to one lane each direction.