Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
Latest Traffic Alerts
Please note these sustained closures:
- The George C. King Bridge will be closed from 6:00PM - 12:00AM on Saturday, June 23 for PARKSHOW. Detours will be in effect. Pedestrians and cyclists can cross the Bow River using Reconciliation Bridge or the Inglewood Bridge. Detours will be in effect. Pedestrians and cyclists can cross the Bow River using Reconciliation Bridge or the Inglewood Bridge. Access to St. Patrick's Island will be sustained via the north side of George C. King Bridge.
- A sidewalk and roadway improvement project will impact the 8th Ave SE cul-de-sac (from 4th St to the New Central Library site) from May 7 to July 4, 2018. Starting June 18, a detour will be put in place that will affect the entry into the N3 condo building and The Brewer’s Apprentice; access will be rerouted through the alleyway off of 4th Street, behind the Hilton Hotel.
- Beginning May 4th, the north sidewalk of the New Central Library site will be closed as they begin their landscaping work. This closure will be sustained for 2.5 months, during which time pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the north side of 7th Ave SE.
- The southern-most lane on 5th Avenue SE between 3rd and 4th Streets SE is closed indefinitely for construction on 5th & THIRD.
- 8th Ave cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as work continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time. Exercise extreme caution when entering the cul-de-sac to access local businesses.
Additionally, intermittent lane and/or road closures can be expected at the following locations:
- 3rd Street SE (3rd Street SE Streetscape Improvements)
- 5th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE (Verve, by FRAM+Slokker)
- Confluence Way SE (Alt Hotel Calgary, by Group Germain)
- 7th Avenue SE (Hat @ East Village, by Cidex)
- 6th Avenue SE and 4th Street SE (5th & THIRD, by RioCan)