Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
As development continues in East Village, temporary road closures and traffic detours will be in place to ensure residents and visitors can move safely through the community.
Latest Traffic Alerts
From April 20 - 23, Riverfront Lane will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6th Ave SE to 7th Ave SE. Pedestrian access will be maintained on the sidewalk.
Please note these sustained closures:
- 3rd St SE has a 2-lane closure to allow for infrastructure improvements by Enmax; 7th Ave to 9th Ave SE is two-lanes northbound. This closure is expected to take place from February 5 until the end of May.
- The southern-most lane on 5th Avenue SE between 3rd and 4th Streets SE is closed indefinitely for construction on 5th & THIRD.
- 8th Ave cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as work continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time. Exercise extreme caution when entering the cul-de-sac to access local businesses.
Additionally, intermittent lane and/or road closures can be expected at the following locations:
- 3rd Street SE (3rd Street SE Streetscape Improvements)
- 5th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE (Verve, by FRAM+Slokker)
- Confluence Way SE (Alt Hotel Calgary, by Group Germain)
- 7th Avenue SE (Hat @ East Village, by Cidex)
- 6th Avenue SE and 4th Street SE (5th & THIRD, by RioCan)