Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
As development continues in East Village, temporary road closures and traffic detours will be in place to ensure residents and visitors can move safely through the community.
Latest Traffic Alerts
New Central Library Construction Update
A temporary noise exemption permit has been approved by the City of Calgary, effective nightly from February 4 - 22 from 10pm - 5am. As part of the final stage of exterior construction on the New Central Library – a multi-day construction program is taking place to remove the remaining temporary encapsulation structure around the LRT line that travels underneath the New Central Library building. This temporary structure has been in place throughout the construction process as a safety measure to protect the LRT passing below from any overhead exterior construction risks. Now that exterior construction on the building is complete, this structure will be removed.
For more information on the New Central Library construction program call 403-718-0300
Please note these sustained closures:
- 3rd St SE has a 2-lane closure to allow for infrastructure improvements by Enmax; 7th Ave to 9th Ave SE is two-lanes northbound. This closure is expected to take place from February 5 until the end of May.
- The southern-most lane on 5th Avenue SE between 3rd and 4th Streets SE is closed indefinitely for construction on 5th&THIRD.
- 8th Ave cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as work continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time. Exercise extreme caution when entering the cul-de-sac to access local businesses.
Additionally, intermittent lane and/or road closures can be expected at the following locations:
- 3rd Street SE (3rd Street SE Streetscape Improvements)
- 5th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE (Verve, by FRAM+Slokker)
- Confluence Way SE (Alt Hotel Calgary, by Group Germain)
- 7th Avenue SE (Hat @ East Village, by Cidex)
- 6th Avenue SE and 4th Street SE (5th & THIRD, by RioCan)