Traffic Alerts & Pathway Detours
Latest Traffic Alerts
Please note these sustained closures:
- Beginning May 4th, the north sidewalk of the New Central Library site will be closed as they begin their landscaping work. This closure will be sustained for 2.5 months, during which time pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the north side of 7th Ave SE.
- Reconciliation Bridge will be reduced to a single southbound lane until Saturday September 15, 2018 for rehabilitation. Work is planned to be done in stages with one traffic lane and one sidewalk closed at a time throughout the project. The south Bow River pathway underneath the bridge will also experience closures during this time.
- The southern-most lane on 5th Avenue SE between 3rd and 4th Streets SE is closed indefinitely for construction on 5th&THIRD.
- 8th Ave cul-de-sac is closed to pedestrians as work continues on the New Central Library project. Pedestrian access is detoured along 9th Ave SE during this time. Exercise extreme caution when entering the cul-de-sac to access local businesses.
Additionally, intermittent lane and/or road closures can be expected at the following locations:
- 3rd Street SE (3rd Street SE Streetscape Improvements)
- 5th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE (Verve, by FRAM+Slokker)
- Confluence Way SE (Alt Hotel Calgary, by Group Germain)
- 7th Avenue SE (Hat @ East Village, by Cidex)
- 6th Avenue SE and 4th Street SE (5th & THIRD, by RioCan)