Communications CoordinatorMarketing & Communications
No longer accepting applications
Explore CMLC's history, guiding principles and values here.
Background & General Scope of Position
Reporting to the Director, Communications and External Relations, the Communications Coordinator will be a detail-oriented and driven individual involved in supporting the execution of communication initiatives that support CMLC’s work within the Rivers District. The successful candidate must be a task-oriented self-starter, who is keen to be part of a fast-paced team that is leading robust communication strategies for East Village, Calgary’s Culture + Entertainment District and CMLC. The position will also support the execution of comprehensive communication strategies for CMLC’s major projects.
The Communications Coordinator has a minimum of three to five years’ experience in a communications/public relations role and brings a proficiency in technical and creative writing to support overall communication efforts, an understanding of strategic communications and earned media best practices, and excellent planning and time management skills to support the organizational requirements of the department.
They are responsible for tracking and responding to community inquiries, supporting the communications team in planning media events, and supporting content development, analyzing and reviewing earned media analytics to inform communications strategy, supporting project communications content development, and other departmental needs as required. They possess strong verbal and written communication skills and have excellent inter-personal and skills.
The successful Communications Coordinator has high energy levels and strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities. High attention to detail and accuracy is fundamental.
The successful candidate will not hesitate to go above and beyond to ensure the job is completed effectively and efficiently and must have an appreciation for working collaboratively with colleagues, across organizational departments and with external stakeholders, including agencies and suppliers.
Key Accountabilities / Deliverables
- Support for project communications strategies, including communications plan and key message development, media event support, and preparation of written materials for media, community and public audiences
- Creative and technical writing for a range of audiences and channels, including newsletters, reports, web, community bulletins, and internal communications deliverables, among others
- Management of communications content calendar
- Support in identifying opportunities and developing award submissions
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting media coverage and analytics
- Research and reporting on earned media trends and insights
- Management of stakeholder relationship management database
- Administrative duties, as required
- Time management
- Written and oral skills
Key Functional Skills
- Effective communicator and proficient public speaker
- Problem solver/Results-driven
- Communications/Public Relations aptitude
- Ability to balance multiple deliverables and meet deadlines
- Ability to create effective and visually appealing presentations
Essential Relevant Experience
- Three to five years previous communications or public relations experience
- Desire to build a career in the communications field
- Experience in the real estate/land development industry considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Alignment with CMLC’s organizational mandate and values
- Ability to liaise with team members and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicants are to submit a resume to email@example.com by February 12, 2024. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates being granted an interview will be contacted.
Please direct all inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.