Intersection of 12 Ave and 4 St SE closed, Stampede Park road closures – detours in place
Construction on several major city-building projects in Calgary’s Culture and Entertainment District is ramping back up after taking a brief pause during Stampede 2022. Calgarians travelling by foot, bike or car through East Victoria Park can use the C+E Access Map to navigate the two new road closures and detours that will be in place through fall 2022:
Closed: Intersection of 12 Ave and 4 St SE for Green Line BDURP, July 23 - November 2022
As part of the Green Line LRT’s Beltline Downtown Utilities Relocation Program, the following closures and detours will be in place beginning this weekend:
- 11 Ave SE will become a two-way road between 3 St and 4 St SE with one eastbound lane and three westbound lanes
- Cyclists will be detoured off the 12 Ave S.E. cycle track to 3 St S.E. and then 10 Ave S.E.
- 5 St SE will become the primary northern access to Stampede Park for traffic, pedestrians and cyclists
- If you’re travelling to East Village from the south, we recommend taking MacLeod Trail to 9 Ave S.E., as vehicles will not be able to turn left from 11 Ave onto the 4 St S.E. underpass.
Closed: Calgary Stampede Intersection on Stampede Park for 17 Ave S.E. Extension Project, August 2 – September 30, 2022
To facilitate construction on the 17 Ave S.E. Extension project, the intersection of Corral Trail, Stampede Trail and Olympic Way (in front of the Scotiabank Saddledome) will be closed August through September:
- Vehicle traffic will be detoured around the Scotiabank Saddledome, connecting to 5 St SE to the north and to Stampede Trail to the south
- Pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured around the intersection through the park at the By the Banks of the Bow sculpture
The C+E Access Map is an interactive map designed to help Calgarians navigate construction as they travel to and through the district. The map will be updated in real-time as the detours go into effect on July 23 and August 3, respectively.