17th Avenue SE Extension & Victoria Park / Stampede Station Rebuild
Connecting communities and opening up Stampede Park 365 days a year
$103-million CMLC-funded project is also bringing transit users a new LRT station and gateway into Stampede Park.
A $103-million infrastructure investment in vital connectivity
CMLC’s first horizontal infrastructure project in east Victoria Park, this major city-building undertaking broke ground in 2021. The 17th Avenue SE extension is forging an important pedestrian and vehicle link between new and existing mixed-use development on either side of Macleod Trail. At the same time, transit users are getting a much more modern and accessible LRT station.
Learn more about the upcoming station and partial Red Line closure (Nov 24 - Dec 4, 2023).
A new multi-modal gateway into Stampede Park
The 17th Ave extension will make it much easier for motorists, pedestrians and active transportation users to navigate in and out of The C+E.
An accessible, better integrated LRT station
An at-grade crossing of 17th Avenue and an enlarged platform give transit users a much shorter, more accessible approach.
Significant measures in making life easier
CMLC’s improvements to the Victoria Park/Stampede station shortened the pedestrian journey across Macleod Trail from 400 to just 60 metres.
Another catalyst to district redevelopment
The extension of 17th Avenue into The C+E is establishing a new connection that will catalyze further development in the area.
Next steps along the path to project delivery
Through 2023, the project team will work to operationalize the new LRT platforms and bring the extension closer to substantial completion. Final touches and landscaping will continue through spring 2024 in concert with the BMO Centre expansion. To follow along with CMLC’s east-end transformation, subscribe to our newsletter.
Street-level crossing opened
Cutover to Temporary Station Platforms
Permanent Station Platforms Operational
Media & Recognition
Broke ground July 2021
- ArcadisLead Civil Design Consultant – 17 Ave S.E. Extension
- O2 Planning & DesignLandscape Architect – 17 Ave S.E. Extension
- ISL EngineeringPrime Design Consultant & Landscape Architect – Victoria Park/Stampede LRT Station Rebuild
- WSP EngineeringTrack Engineer – Victoria Park/Stampede LRT Station Rebuild
- GEC ArchitectureDesign Consultant – Victoria Park/Stampede LRT Station Rebuild
- PCL ConstructionConstruction Manager – 17 Ave S.E. Extension & Victoria Park/Stampede LRT Station Rebuild
- Level Playing FieldAccessibility Consultant – 17 Ave S.E. Extension & Victoria Park/Stampede LRT Station Rebuild